To increase the knowledge, skills and resources of individuals concerned with healthy adolescents
United communities that support positive adolescent health.
- Supports and assists in the integration of effective programs, services, and strategies through community-wide efforts so that young people lead health lives free of early or unintended pregnancies.
- Believes in the importance of ongoing, sustainable programs to provide training and education for those who support California’s youth;
- Supports all youth, including teen parents, in their ability access to confidential and comprehensive contraceptive services, and if pregnant, full options counseling services;
- Believes all youth, male and female, have the right to medically accurate, culturally and age appropriate, scientific, inclusive and comprehensive reproductive health education;
- Works towards empowering communities to sustain community-based programs and interventions that address teen pregnancy, STI rates, and the unique needs of teenaged parents;
- Encourages and assists communities to embrace and implement positive youth development by building on the strengths, knowledge, and skill of professionals working with youth;
- Promotes the well-being of expectant and parenting teens and their children through positive parenting education and resources;
- Broadens awareness among local, state and national decision makers on the needs and the emerging issues in adolescent reproductive health;
- Supports local communities in the efforts to provide community wide education on the issues of interpersonal violence, human trafficking, and other coercion or relationship violence, especially as it pertains to youth.